Pages

Thursday, May 18, 2017

Why Do We Want to Own Things That We Do Not Need

Ecclesiastes 2:10-11 (NIV)
I denied myself nothing my eyes desired;
I refused my heart no pleasure.
My heart took delight in all my labor,
and this was the reward for all my toil.
11 Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done
and what I had toiled to achieve,
everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind;
nothing was gained under the sun.


Excess doesn't mean wealth.
Acquiring stuffs doesn't fulfill you.
Buying materials doesn't define you.
Buying a guitar make you a great musician.
Owning a lot of expensive paintings doesn't necessarily make your life colorful.
Owning a lot of gadgets doesn't mean life can be happier.

Many times, the quantity of your possessions doesn't increase the quality of your satisfaction.

Life can be more meaningful building relationship than piling up materials that can rot.
Life can be more meaningful in giving than possessing.

It's time to ask yourself this important question: Do I really need this in my life? 


Excess doesn't mean success.











Reference:

No comments:

Post a Comment